10 tips for public speaking
If you're going to be speaking at a conference soon, here are my top 10 tips to make your session a sucess.
- Start with a story (but not your life story).
- Aim high and leave them wanting more.
- Entertain, inspire and educate (in that order).
- One concept per slide.
- Pictures not bullets.
- Talk to your audience not at them.
- Use the stage but don't pace.
- It's all about pacing (different kind cheeky) and delivery, so practice.
- Dress slightly smarter than your audience (the Veen rule).